Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Frankfurt International Autoshow

17.09.07

Part of working for an automotive company is that you get to go to sweet auto shows. We boarded the train early in the morning and headed to Frankfurt for the show and to meet up with our good friend Jakob. When we arrived at the show, it seemed to me that the entire city took the day of to check out what their nation had to offer up for the next model year. And offer it up they did.
Of the many cars at the show, there were two that really ran away from the others. The Renault Laguna Coupe concept and, my favorite of the show, the VW Up! concept . Check 'em out...

I love my german cars, but I especially love my veedubs, and VW announced today that they are going to have a production ready version of the Up for 2011 and if I am living in any sort of major metropolis at that time I will be looking into this amazing car.

Also, Audi was the only company to have the balls to bring out a "real" race car. I say real because all the other race cars that were there had never been driven on a track. This Audi R10 won the 24 hour LeMans race this year, and there it was in the flesh.


After the show we join Jakob for a spin around the city in his BMW 1er and settled in for some food before heading back to the train station.

No comments: